There are presently no open calls for submissions.
ATTENTION! ¡atención! ATTENZIONE!
We’re back, baby – and the theme of Visible Ink’s thirty-first literary anthology is Again! Again! Again!
Send us your work to be included in this year’s edition: we are accepting submissions of fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and visual art. If the description below fails to move you, why not send us that piece you’ve tried to publish Again! Again! Again! – we’re looking to publish all kinds of new voices and hot takes.
Do life’s unceasing rhythms soothe you or stress you? What moment, idea, or image are you still stuck on after all this time? Have you ever found yourself caught in an echo chamber, a hall of mirrors, or an unexpected ménage a trois? Send us your work about:
(You, at five years old, repeatedly picking at the scab on your knee that you acquired when you fell off your pogo stick.)
(You, at fourteen, practising your Black Eyed Peas ‘My Humps’ dance routine from 7pm to 2am.)
(You, at forty, listening to Janelle from HR tell you about the thirty-fifth Christian Mingle date she’s been on this week.)
We want to see tales of octuplets and ancestors, double takes and doppelgängers, copycats and career criminals. Write about a book, film, or historical event that you think deserves an encore. Tell us about your past lives, new beginnings, or running the beep test in high school.
Submissions are now closed
Thank you for sharing your particular brand of creative genius with us here at Visible Ink 2019. Peer review is underway.
– Fiction and non-fiction: up to 2,000 words
– Flash fiction: up to 500 words
– Poetry: up to 80 lines
– Visual art: minimum 300DPI
If you have something that you’re not sure would fit neatly into any of these categories, we’d still love to see it.
– Do not include your name anywhere on your submission.
– Visible Ink pieces are blind read.
– All submissions must be original and unpublished work.
– We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
– It’s completely free to submit, and you can submit as many times as you like.
– Artworks must be in a TIFF or JPG format.
You will be paid as follows if your work is accepted for publication (quoted in Australian dollars):
– A$75 fiction and non-fiction (above 500 words).
– A$50 flash fiction (500 words or below).
– A$75 poetry (50 lines and above).
– A$50 poetry (below 50 lines).
– A$50 visual artwork.
– A contributor copy of Visible Ink 2019.
Visible Ink recognises that institutional violence operates to silence and oppress many minorities. Although submissions are blind read, we hope to platform diverse voices and perspectives. Those of First Nations, LGBTQI and refugee communities, people of colour and those with a disability are encouraged to submit. Visible Ink would also like to acknowledge the traditional owners of this land — in particular the Wurundjeri people, on whose land the anthology is primarily produced — and to recognise elders past, present, and future.
Submissions enquiries can be sent to email@example.com